Whether you’re a whiskey enthusiast or just love a good cocktail, the whiskey sour is a timeless classic that never goes out of style. This refreshing drink combines the bold flavors of whiskey with the tartness of lemon juice and the sweetness of simple syrup, creating a perfectly balanced cocktail that’s perfect for any occasion.
If you’ve been wanting to learn how to make this classic cocktail at home, you’ve come to the right place.
- 2 oz whiskey (we recommend using bourbon or rye)
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- Cherry and orange slice (for garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker, add 2 oz whiskey, ¾ oz fresh lemon juice, and ½ oz simple syrup.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously until the ingredients are well combined and chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cherry and an orange slice.
- Use fresh lemon juice for the ultimate citrusy flavor. Don’t use bottled lemon juice as it will affect the taste of the cocktail.
- Instead of simple syrup, you can use honey or maple syrup for a different flavor profile.
- You can also add an egg white to create a smoother and creamier texture. Simply add it to the shaker before shaking.
- Whiskey sour with egg white – follow the same instructions as above but add an egg white before shaking.
- Amaretto sour – use amaretto instead of whiskey and follow the same instructions as above.
- Elderflower whiskey sour – add ½ oz elderflower liqueur to the cocktail shaker before shaking.
The perfect whiskey sour is all about the balance of flavors. With the right ingredients and techniques, you can achieve a delicious and refreshing cocktail that will impress your friends and family. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations and add your own twist to this classic cocktail.
Now that you know how to make the perfect whiskey sour at home, it’s time to gather your ingredients, shake things up, and enjoy a refreshing drink!